Sunday, August 26, 2007

Judge Judy pops up in real life..

Have you ever read someone's blog and realised that this person is someone you wish you could be?

Since it's just past midnight, I can now reflect on what was yesterday.Yesterday morning, I woke up and went to church, as I do every Sunday. And again and again throughout the day, it was just reaffirmed so strongly to me that God made me perfect. The way I am is beautiful to Him, because He created me carefully and lovingly.
"How beautiful you are, my darling? Oh, how beautiful!" - Songs of Songs 1:15

And that's all that matters right?
Well, it works in theory.
I'd been Friendster-ing for a while, when I came across the profile of a girl I know, but not that well. So I dropped by her blog, just to see what she had to say. And this girl, she blew me away. I can see how much God is working in her life, I can see how much joy she has, and I can see above all, Christ shining through her.And while I should be rejoicing that she's going along a great path, all I could think of was how inadequate I felt.

You know, God didn't suddenly decrease the level of His love for me in that moment in which I read her blog.
All that changed was my perspective. And with it came a warning.
As I compare myself to other people and friends around me, it also works in the way that makes me feel better about myself whenever I consider someone else 'less XXX' than I am. It could be less outgoing, it could be less good-looking (haha, being an immensely good-looking girl myself of course!), even less 'spiritual'.

Hello, reality check! Goodbye judgementalism.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." - Matt 7:1
Sometimes the Bible is so in your face it's almost ridiculous.

No comments: